Monday, September 7, 2009

Blogging from the Emerald Isle

Greetings from Dublin, Ireland! A number of you have received updates from me regarding my arrival and finding accommodation in Dublin City. In case I have not updated you recently, I have found a place to live about 20 mins walk outside the City Centre, which is the place to be in Ireland. My official address in 25 Dartmouth Walk, Ranelagh, Dublin 4. The way an address works here is House Address + Street, Neighborhood or Section, County + Postal Code. It is a very modern, 5-bedroom house in one of the more "posh" postal codes in Dublin. My roommates are all young and from all over the world. They are Tim, an Irish accountant whose father owns the house where we live, Nick, a South African working in Global Branding for Vodafone, Hakon, a Norwegian student also studying at UCD, and Raul, an Italian who I have not met yet because he is in Italy at the moment.

Instead of sending e-mails every time there is something to report, I am starting this blog to let you know my thoughts on Ireland and my experiences here studying abroad! I will try and post pictures occasionally as I take them but I don't always remember my camera. I am not yet sure how often I will be posting but I will try and do them frequently because I have a lot of thoughts on the culture and the city itself! Hope you enjoy them!

Tyson

1 comment:

  1. Tyson, the blog is a great idea. It will also be a record of your trip that you will always have. Dad and I will study it carefully so we can truly be prepared for our trip in a few weeks. I would like to see some pictures, though! I am going to try and forward this to my sister and the Lunds. I think they will all enjoy this. I hope you can keep up the blog once school starts :) LM

    ReplyDelete